Oh no……not another blooming courgette I hear you say!
Courgettes are great to fill out a meal and soak up flavours, bulking out your stomach while not putting on too many calories, and if grown correctly (especially in a polytunnel) can contain lots of essential vitamins and minerals, and dietary fibre.
1. Deep fry the flowers in batter.
2. Make big batches of ratatouille and freeze it.
4. Grate it and add it to dough for your own courgette bread.
5. Cut them longways and substitute for one or more more layers of pasta for a healthy lasagna.
7. Use chunky courgettes to make homemade piccalilli.
8. Slice them and use as a topping on a quiche.
10. Dice large courgettes into chunks and use it as a base for a summer vegetable soup
This much criticized Vegetable is nutritious, extremely versatile and anyone can grow them!
Originally posted 2015-07-23 13:00:09.