Just spotted this recipe (which I like) and wondered if anyone had been brave enough to try it out yet?The gardeners revenge – Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall A delicious way to remove some unwanted visitors…
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 little gem lettuces, halved
- 5-6 radishes, halved
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 8-12 snails, removed from their shells
- 100g cooked tender pig’s cheek, shredded (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Warm the oil over a medium to high heat in a large frying pan. Add the lettuce, cut side down, along with the radishes and spring onions, and saute/ until everything is just softened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan onto a warm plate and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Throw in the garlic and cook for a minute before adding the snails and the pig’s head and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange the lettuce mixture on four warmed plates and top with the snails, pig’s head (if using), pour over the buttery, garlicky juices and squeeze on a little lemon and serve immediately.
Time 10-15 minutes
Originally posted 2010-01-14 13:53:18.